I’ve been privately blogging for a number of years now, and I blog publicly on a couple of activist sites, but those aren’t my personal thoughts. I figured… hey, why not?
So, a blog.
I feel like I need an intro, even though the only people reading this are likely to be people who know me pretty well.
I am an about-to-graduate college senior living on the downeast coast of Maine. That’s the important thing in my life right now. As to the rest…
Who I am:
- I work with children with autistic spectrum disorders
- I am very politically active, though that’s dropped off in the past few years
- I am transgender
- I am a (relatively new) unitarian universalist and I am sort of sickeningly in love with my church
- I don’t drink, or smoke, or really do anything that most people think of college students as doing
- I am from Los Angeles and consider getting out of CA, away from my family, and supporting myself entirely (though, not always entirely effectively) one of my biggest accomplishments
- I hate cartoons
- I can deliver a damn good speech in front of 500 people (and have, more than once) but I’m monumentally uncomfortable talking to a group of 10 people I know
- I’m scared of the future. And really, really, really excited about it